Thursday, May 21, 2009

He Was A Shooting Star

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing to you regarding the wrappers of Tootsie Roll Industries’ “Tootsie Roll Pop.” I have been enjoying this confection for many years now, and prefer it to the standard “Tootsie Roll.” The varied flavors of lollipop around the Tootsie Roll center add an undeniably delicious flavor to the traditional Tootsie Roll candy.

My question refers to the wrapper of the Tootsie Roll Pop. I have been saving the wrappers that contain the “Indian Shooting Star,” an individual clothed in Native American garb and wielding a bow and arrow, which is aimed at a star. I have heard for years that wrappers featuring this depiction are more valuable than other wrappers in that they can be traded for merchandise, or another Tootsie Roll Pop. I have heard different accounts of their actual value, but these seem to be the most common. What I am wondering is, how can I trade in my wrappers for whatever it is they can supposedly be traded for? I have been trying to find some sort of catalog that outlines the process, but have met with no success. I have a Betty Crocker catalog which I received in exchange for General Mills box tops, and Kool-Aid points can be used to obtain Kool-Aid merchandise that is readily available right on the side of the package.

I would appreciate information on how I can get my share of whatever it is I have coming to me. I currently have 14,355 wrappers with the “Indian Shooting Star” and 1,611 with part of the “Indian Shooting Star,” which may not be worth as much as those with the entire picture. Please get back to me as soon as possible regarding this issue, as I am planning on moving to a smaller apartment where I will not have space for my shoeboxes full of Tootsie Roll Pop wrappers.


Sincerely,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment