Monday, January 12, 2009

The Future's Uncertain and the End is Always Near

So - what else could I do for my first blog, but this?

FAIL.

I wanted to post Rick Astley here, but everyone on YouTube is vying for views (still?) so embedding is disabled. Technically, you weren't even going to be RickRolled... you would've had to click play, and RickRolling involves taking away your choice to see/hear it. Anyway, now that the whole thing's ruined, you can watch "Never Gonna Give You Up" here.

NEXT: A poem I wrote last night.

WE LOVED each other like
it was our last night alive
it was
and the mountains laughed

WE TALKED like we were
meeting for the first time
we weren't
and the mountains sighed

WE CRIED like the world was
ending, already
it would
and the mountains rolled their eyes

we explained how volcanoes worked
and what they would do
they did
and the mountains shut their fucking mouths and exploded




And so it begins. Welcome!

MC

2 comments:

  1. Oh hooray. I found your blog. I can tell this is going to be happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet your sweet bippy. A Communication degree at work!

    ReplyDelete