Thursday, April 2, 2009

Drink Name Sought

It's Mountain Dew (the soda) mixed with Irish potcheen (aka Mountain Dew). I'm hoping that everyone will pitch in with naming this drink. There's a good chance you don't know anyone but me who has ever had it. And I don't know anyone but me who has ever had it. Therefore, I get to name it. I'm kind of like an explorer. I find something that a ton of people already know about, but I get to claim it for my own because I don't know anyone who knows about it.

So far my best idea is a Double D, although I figure there is already a drink which bears that moniker. Also I think it's a stupid name for a drink. Mountain Dew + Mountain Dew. Mountain Mountain Dew Dew. Help me out here. Maybe something based on LedZep (puts on Misty Mountain Hop for inspiration). (none comes).

So, minutes later, I remember that I like Immigrant Song a lot more than I like Misty Mountain Hop. Henceforth, potcheen and Mountain Dew shall be known as an "Immigrant." Ask for it in your local bar, pub or tavern. Trixie, I expect both of these ingredients to be stocked from now on. And LJ, you can quit stacking empty Miller cans on my truck. I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment