Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wherever Particular People Gather

I got an email about roundtrip flights from San Diego to Dublin for $459. Who's in? Anyone have a friend over there we can stay with for a few days? Guinness is on me. And hopefully in me.

I was so excited on Monday afternoon - there was a lot of stuff I wanted to get done and for some reason I was excited about all of it. I think it was laundry and cleaning out my car, and getting rid of some more clothes. The excitement wore off pretty quick, for some reason, so I started watching the first season of Burn Notice instead. Likes.

Oh, one question... what kind of books do you all go for when you pick something nonfiction? Some of you read that more than anything else, but I never have. I've been getting kind of jazzed about using my brain, which has been just sort of standing around and helping me keep my balance for a while, and I keep thinking of all these things I want to read that don't involve acid or time travel. I'm torn between reading about something current and learning about something I never really retained in history class. Any suggestions? Biographies and autobiographies tend to bore the hell out of me, so let's stay away from those for now. I heard about a book called Wolf Totem that I might try, or maybe something about some period of the Roman empire...

I just started reading Thomas More's Utopia and I'm on page 48... of the introduction. So it might be a while.

I don't have any videos screaming at me to be posted, or funny stories or anything like that, so I'll put up a piece of my drunken, late night whinery from about a decade ago. Enjoy!


Alone beside you
Closeness and distance unrelated
You, looking not into my eyes but past them
At what? Maybe it exists, maybe you just want it to
Perhaps I should stop trying to conform to it or
Perhaps it is conforming to me
Perhaps I will never untwist enough for the seed to take root
In this barren rocky region
Where nothing grows, only stagnates
Withers and dies
But is revived temporarily
Only to begin dying again
When I am alone beside you

No comments:

Post a Comment